Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Uniform Musings . . . and Other Stuff


There's a great blog that I read daily called Uni Watch, which is run by an excellent New York writer named Paul Lukas, that focuses on sports uniforms and logos. Much of the early baseball chatter has been about the New York Mets' competing stadium patches, with one for their jerseys, and one for their caps. I also support Mr. Lukas' contention that these are the Mets only true home uniforms, and not these or these. These look awful too.

There's also been discussion about the Red Sox' new road uniforms, specifically that they're wearing navy socks. If they're not going to wear red, then at least wear these.

And not to offend the loverly JS, but the Padres' road, alternate, and military-alts (and here too) look, well . . . bad. Home uni's are ok, but the rest . . . bleh. Not that San Diego has a history of bad uniforms or anything, but . . . well . . .

And I know that picture of Sandy Koufax over there has nothing to do with anything on this page, other than it's one of the best uniforms in the history of baseball. Take that, Yankees . . .

Since today is Jackie Robinson Day around the majors, I realize that all the teams need to recognize him, but I think rather than have EVERY player wear #42, perhaps only one should. Especially since there's at least one player who can wear it as his regular number, as he was grandfathered in before the majors retired it.

I'd also like to thank the über-talented SL for linking to me through his website. If I had half the talent he does, as a photographer, computer guru, and writer, I'd be a lot further ahead in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment