Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Depressing Times Mean Comfort Food


At a department meeting this morning, it was announced that today there would be a fourth round of layoffs, and while my department was unaffected by staff reductions, we were also informed that all employees making $50K or more would be subject to a mandatory 8% salary reduction. Given the cost of living in Los Angeles, $50K a year is like making $30K elsewhere in the country . . . and while I can't confirm this, the rumor going around was the CEO was on a Caribbean cruise while all this was going down. And Nero fiddled while Rome burned . . .

So while it might be a while before I include fast food (or restaurants in general) in my budgets, here's to better times, when Five Guys was something I could actually afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment