Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 158 - Mom

Today is my mom's birthday.

It's a milestone one, and despite Mom not having a vain or egotistical bone in her body, I will refrain from saying which birthday this is.

However, I will say that I had to use a great deal of self-restraint and NOT use a picture of her with "the finger." I saw a lot of "the finger" when I was younger, mostly because it was being shaken in my face or pointed in my direction for something I did, didn't do, did poorly, or some other various and sundry error of youthful masculine ineptitude. And fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view) I don't get "the finger" that much anymore, but that's mostly to Mom and Dad living on the other side of the country. But trust me, if she lived closer, I'd get "the finger." A lot.

So happy birthday, Mom, and for better or worse, you've had a big hand (or finger) in helping me become who I am today. I love you lots, and you're the best mom in the whole wide world.

Love,
Tom

2 comments: