Monday, February 16, 2009

Burgers & Dogs

Well, sausages to be more precise.

There's a cool new restaurant in downtown L.A. that I wish were closer to work, 'cause it'd be the kind of place I'd walk into and everyone would yell,"Tom!" And then someone would ask, "What's goin' on, Tom?" And I'd reply, "Let's talk about what's goin' in Tom."

Wurstküche is a great place, with gourmet sausages and fries, plus an amazing variety of German and Belgian beers on tap. A couple of weeks ago I met up with a couple of friends there who were in town for the Grammys and they were duly impressed.

As for the burgers, for lunch today I finally tried the lone West Coast representative of the legendary DC-based chain Five Guys. While the burgers were par for the course, the fries were (A) rather limp and (B) a smaller portion than what I've had back East. And since it's been almost two months since I last had Five Guys (with Dad over Christmas) I think it may be a little longer before I can indulge again.

I'm not as young as I used to be . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment