Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 111 - Nevermore


Since I was flying into Baltimore today, and the Charm City's favorite son is Edgar Allen Poe, his famous line from The Raven best sums up my flying experience on AirTran. Holy crap, was it bad.
I'm not a large person, at least not in the professional athlete category. Granted, I'm a little taller than the average bear, but not abnormally so. But is it too much to ask for an airplane seat where I'm not wedged in to the point where my knees are firmly ensconsed into the seat back in front of me? And let's not even get into the VERY heavy COS (that's Customer of Size, a nice airline term for "fat") in front of me who insisted on reclining his seat even further into my knees for the duration of the flight. Add to that a woefully inadequate ventilation system, and you've got one unhappy customer. And you wanted me to pay extra to check a bag? Oh, and it's only an extra $130 dollars to upgrade to a "premium"seat. Next time, I'll just fly Southwest or JetBlue. See ya, AirTran, wouldn't wanna be ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment